1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Th37PV500 - Buy now or later?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by davidspd, Sep 9, 2005.

1. davidspd

davidspd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to buy the panasonic TH37PV500 sometime before the new year. I can get it now for about £1700 (pedestal stand) or should i wait a bit, till after Christmas maybe, and hope it comes down in price a bit?

Thanks
    Dave

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Dave,

The price of any plasma is likely to reduce between now and Xmas. There is no right time to buy. If you wait to Xmas, there is bound to be a new model out, so do you wait for that.

At Xmas, there will be people asking if they should wait until February or March to buy, as they may be cheaper.

Its the same with all electronics. If you want it now, buy it now :)

3. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    of course demand is so high right now for the panasonics especially, so the chances of a price drop at least until the new year are slim, but you never know.

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +613
    Do you want it now? I mean are you going to use it now, or is it going to sit boxed till the New Year?

Never buy a plasma because it looks like a good deal, they drop around 25% a year, everyone said last year they wouldn't drop as much this year, but they have.

If you are ready to buy and use one then get it, it will be cheaper by xmas, but there will be talk of new models again so you will probably want to wait for that one, and then when it is out you will wait for the price to drop, and then there will be talk of new models again so you will probably wait for them, and then.........

5. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He, he he,

talk about hitting the nail on the head.

6. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Does that £1700 come with the backup from a good dealer and a decent warranty. I'm asking as I bought mine from a local Panny shop ( a bit of haggling on price) price paid was slightly more but guess what mines got a problem and its being dealt with efficiantly and without hassle. a couple of hundred quid didint seem so much to pay when I read of some other folks issues
    with certain net based retailers.

Price will be cheaper next year but lifes too short...............

7. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to know where its actually in stock.....might say it is but i've been searching for three days now and everyone I have contacted is out of stock untill the middle to end of this month!

8. NoStrings

NoStrings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Currys seem to be taking orders again, my mate has just ordered the 37pv500 with table top stand from them! He has been trying all week and today it appears they have some stock.

9. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The place i'm getting mine from is supposedly getting a shipment in on the 16th of a couple of them (one with my name on it :p) but from what I understand Panasonic are a tad over optimistic in guessing their delivery dates as the guy I spoke to said "They're due on the 16th, then again this is what Panasonic have said so basically they mean any time between now and christmas" :rolleyes:

10. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get and email saying sorry we're out of stock, I hope your right and he gets one.....but i've phoned several people within Dixons group and they have all told me middle to end of this month.