Panasonic TH37PV500 - AV Connections & DVB?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Carloto, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Carloto

Carloto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Hoping someone can help me on these?

1. AV SCART Connections

Have bought a Panny TH-37PV500 and I have setup as follows:

AV1 SCART IN - from Sky Receiver
    AV2 SCART IN - from Video Recorder
    AV3 (S-VHS at front) - Not Used
    AV4 SCART IN - from DVD Player

Picure is very dodgey on AV2 for the Video. I have looked at the manual and I am wondering if I have misunderstood something! :rolleyes:

Is AV2 only supposed to be used to connect to another unit in output from the Plasma to say a DVD/HDD recorder or VHS recorder? Therefore thats why the pciture is rubbish? Q-Link is mentioned and AV2 is some kind of data link. Can anyone explain this is in simple english please?

2nd Problem - DVB Freeview
    I cannot pick up any signal at all on the DVB unit. In Analogue I can get some channels but very fuzzy. Can anyone help me out or suggest some simple resolutions? :lease:

Thanks a lot.

2. chrisw

chrisw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Firstly is the scart cable you're using fully wired? When you say dodgy, what do you mean?

2nd problem - do you normally get a decent picture on your old TV (assuming you have one)?

3. Carloto

Carloto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I dont know what a fully wired scart actually means? Picture is kinda pale blue and white not quite black and white.

DVB/Analogue Tune - No didn't get a great picture before so i guess I need to recheck all Coax and AERIAL maybe needs repositioning. Have heard that sometime you need to change your aerial to a wideband aerial?