Panasonic TH37PE50WAL OR TH37PW7

scrivs9

Standard Member
Reaction score
Panasonic TH37PE50WAL 'Viera' 37" Plasma Television With DVB Digital Tuner + Wall Mount
from E-buyer £999
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...m9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=89244&_LOC=UK
link thanks to Daipac
or
TH37PW7 from Richer Sounds £899
http://ws4.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PANA-TH37PW7

how to set either of these up, I have no idea
I will need a stand for a start
I want to connect telewest digital box
xbox
dvd player

I have about £1300 to get this sorted.
my question is which do you think is the better option,,,

for ease of use the viera will be better, if you are unsure of yourself and cant be bothered with add-ons etc, the viera is the best bet.

you can just plug in your telewest by scart, xbox by scart and dvd by component/scart and your away.

with the pw7 you get a more customisable, simpler (and better imo) looking screen, and in theory with some work you can probably get a better picture than the viera.
however you will have to buy input boards.

either:
scart board then scart adapter to plug telewest/xbox in
component board for dvd (or just in to scart)
these are around £100 each and about £15 for scart adapter, so another £215, or £115 if you decide to use RGB for DVD (not as good quality, in theory)

or:
JS tech RGB to VGA (£120) and scart adapter (£15) for xbox/telewest
component board (£100) for dvd (or again plug dvd into rgb>vga)
=£235, but most people say a better picture than with scart input board. again £135 if you choose to use RGB for DVD

hope this helps

Thanks Chedmaster
I am leaning to the easier plug and play.
John Lewis have it at £1495 WITH FREE DVD RECORDER, DEL, AND 5 YEAR WARRANTRY but the stand is £399 anyone seen it anywhere as a better deal who I could use as a price match

I don't think you will get a 37" PW7 form richer sounds i tried to get one a couple of weeks aggo and it was disconinued at the warehouse, got a 42" instead picture is awsome in the end i think i will have reretted getting the smaller screen.

hi again
well still siting on the fence here, one salesman convinced me to wait a bit longer, for new ones due end of Sept, he also said if HD doesn,t interest me still wait cos they will be some good plasmas at good prices that are non HD in JAN 06 I am tempted to hang on, but the more I hear about HD the more I feel I will be missing out.

I like the look of the new pioneer now but will be about 2500 grand
that will have to go on credit card..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom