1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH37PE50B Wall Mounted - Thanks to all who helped

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by DJT75, Sep 6, 2005.

1. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,577
    Just a quicky to say thanks to all that assisted my decision over the last few months. A few pics attached of my new Panny 37PE50 for you to see. Very happy with my purchase + saved a bunch of cash. (Through EBUYER £999)

Only have a DVD & Sky going in on scarts - that's all i need (have learned cheap scarts are a no-no too)

The old 25" Sony CRT has been retired to the bedroom.....

Cables will be going in a simple white cabl box to cover the 8-9 inches above the chair.

Cheers All!

Attached Files:

2. chrisw

chrisw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Looks good - have much trouble getting it on the wall?

What is your viewing distance? Decided what to do with the wires yet?

3. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have to say that I don't think that white chair is in the ideal viewing position... :)

4. chrisw

chrisw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Unless you're an owl!

5. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,577
    No trouble getting it on the wall, 2 man job, mind your fingers!! For a 30kg machine + the frame there's only 8x M6 8mm screws holding it up - surprizingly easy to mount.

Viewing distance must be about 10-11ft - you can see from the 1st picture..

The white chair stays there - the whole reason of wall mounting was so I could move that over to that side of the room & make more use of my dining suite, which has spent the last 3 years pushed up against a wall. It also hides the cables very nicely - just need to add a white plastic cable box vertically down from the middle of the lower panel.. The SKY Box/ DVD etc are to the right of the chair in the corner of the room.

Picture suddenly went terrible last night during Spiderman 2 on Sky - changed the cheap 3m scart for a better quality 1.5m scart (bit of a stretch) & it went back to
    normal again.

The only thing I can't work out since installing this & moving the CRT upstairs: My Sky mouse/eye thing upstairs nolonger changes Sky channel from upstairs - it receives the feed OK & the remore control is working fine but won't let me select the Sky menu or change channel?? Must be a faulting cable or eye I suppose...

6. chrisw

chrisw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Dj - just got mine this morning - but seems to be wihtout the wall bracket - was it in a seperate box? I was so excited when he turned up it took me an hour to realise there was no wall bracket... :(