1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH37PE50 vs Philips 32PF9976

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Chris The Ninja, May 26, 2005.

1. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am looking to purchased either a Panasonic TH37PE50 37” plasma or a Philips 32PF9976 32” LCD, and can’t make up my mind which one to go for.

The Panasonic is obviously larger, higher contrast ratios, digital tuner, and plasma.
    The other has DVI inputs is HD ready, and LCD.

I have the space to fit either, and have found both units for around the same price of £1350 off the internet, so can not match with jl.

This is the top of my budget so trying to work out which is more important HD or size.

2. Hotshot147

Hotshot147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Chris, i would go for the biggest screen i could afford.Have you viewed both,iam very interested in the th37pe50 too.That price of £1350 sounds very good, which website did you See that on.

Regards.

Chris... :)

3. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Have you actually viewed both sets? Plasma TV pictures have a completely different feel about them when compared to LCD TV images. The PE50 is a standard res screen at 852x480, I'm assuming that the Philips has a vertical pixel count of 768 or above (*EDIT* A quick search and I see it's 1366 x 768p ). As HD always says though the actual video processing circuits have more of an impact on image quality than just the native screen resolution would imply.

Best to view both sets for yourself and see which you prefer, if you have a preference, because one TV is LCD the other plasma, both types of technology have hard core fans and hard core detractors. I'd be interested to see how the answers differ if the exact same question is posed in the LCD forum, my guess is most peeps here will steer you towards the panny and the LCD forum would recommend the Philips.

S.

P.S. Don't be fooled by the manufacturer's marketing hype and reams of numbers claiming brightness, Contrast Ratio, etc.