1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH37PE50 vs Philips 32PF9976

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Chris The Ninja, May 26, 2005.

1. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am looking to purchased either a Panasonic TH37PE50 37” plasma or a Philips 32PF9976 32” LCD, and can’t make up my mind which one to go for.

The Panasonic is obviously larger, higher contrast ratios, digital tuner, and plasma.
    The other has DVI inputs is HD ready, and LCD.

I have the space to fit either, and have found both units for around the same price of £1350 off the internet, so can not match with jl.

This is the top of my budget so trying to work out which is more important HD or size.

2. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    The new 500 series from Panasonic are due out in next couple of weeks and are HD ready - you've waited this long, why not wait a couple of weeks longer?

3. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The philips is a good TV, but is getting a little long in the tooth now. As Faust says, there are many new TV's showing up soon, but within your budget, the Hitachi 7200 is worth a look. It seems to be a pretty decent performer with very good connectivity and a bunch of cool facilities....

Faust, I've read a bit about the Panny 500 and I hope it's a real performer, because it falls a bit short in the seduction stakes. (Dull).... Hopefully Panasonic will take this market bit more seriously and turn out a belter more deserving of their reputation.

Jimmy

4. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Hi Jimmy, I'm not really interested in the Panny donning a push up bra stockings and suspenders - I would be more than happy with it sporting a winceyette nightie if it delivers on the PQ front. However, looking at past offerings, whilst not bad they just seem to fall short of being very good.