Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic TH37PE50 footprint dimensions

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by starnberg, Apr 28, 2005.

1. starnberg

starnberg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit of a strange request but bear with me, it's all about persuading SWMBO...

Can anyone help out with the dimensions (and shape assuming it's not a rectangle) of the base of a cabinet stand for a panny 37" Viera? (the PE50 variety.) I can get the overall dimensions from the various vendors/the panny website, but can I find an image of the bottom of the stand? can I heck.

If anyone with one of these screens could supply a plan view photo (i.e. from directly above the screen) I'd be extremely grateful. Ideally with dimensions, but that might be pushing it a tad!

As I said, it's all about keeping the blonde happy - the viera would have to go in the corner and there's a fireplace and an un-helpfully positioned pipe that mean the cabinet stand might not fit :(

Thanks in advance.

S.

2. Moncs

Moncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have EXACTLY the same issue, need to put the Viera in a corner and am thinking the 42" might be a little to big. 37" might be ideal however I'd rather go for the 42" if the footprints were ok

3. thornton

thornton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have same issue. I saw a table top stand for sale on ebay for an earlier model and I recall the seller, when asked, said it was about 14in deep at the deepest part in the middle and about twice this in the width. It looks like a diamond shape in the photos. I could use the exact figures for the 73in 500 series myself!! I would also like to know how high the bottom of the viewable part of the screen is above the table, for same question as to whether I can get my centre speaker in there!

4. Moncs

Moncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Did anyone get these measurements?

5. starnberg

starnberg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, sadly not. I guess I'm going to have to find somewhere with a demo and crawl around on my hands and knees with a tape measure... Will post them here if I do get them.

I was rather hoping I wouldn't have to ferret round on the floor in the middle of a busy John Lewis or the like but hey ho, need must when the plasma devil drives... :devil:

6. Moncs

Moncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm going upto my local Comet tomorrow to check out the PE50's and I'll get the footprints of both the 37" and 42" models

7. leeboy22001

leeboy22001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
  8. starnberg

starnberg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Leeboy that's almost perfect - thankyou.

The only point to note for anyone else interested is that the stand tapers towards the rear - from about the back of the screen at about a 45 degree angle. (I got some odd looks whilst poking around on the floor in John Lewis last night...)

Now to find a big sheet of paper and see if the 37" will fit...

S.

9. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Get the wifes favorite brush and cut the handle to the width of the screen. :rolleyes: