1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic TH37PE30

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by davegtt, Dec 30, 2004.

1. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    http://www.av-sales.com/plasma/html/panasonic_th-37pe30.html

Just bought this plasma yesterday. great TV really happy with it (wanted 42" though but 37 looks huge in the front room :eek: ) anyhow, watched 2 DVD's on it and the picture quality is almost faultless when watching DVD's (over NTL anyhow) well. the problem I have with it is half way though the TV will automatically change the aspect of the screen, Im guessing since its set to "Panasonic auto" and maybe may scart cable isnt up to the job thats why Im getting this? correct? wrong? its damn annoying when the screen flickers to a different veiw

2. hullupelle

hullupelle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New to this.

I have just bought one of these TV's from the site listed: http://www.electrical-shopping.com/shop/viewproduct.asp?SKU=822. for £1699. Price was good but was also really tempted with what Comet was offering at £1999 including cabinet and chucking a few cables. In the end ordered through net and wall bracket for another £145 from av sales. Can't wait to get my TV!

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005

4. harrison99

harrison99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your DVD player supports it then why not try a component cable rather than a scart?

You could then drive your TV with a progressive scan signal (much better quality, but again your DVD must support this format) and it would stop the screen aspect changing.

Hope this helps.

5. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    OK, so component cable, is this BNC? I'll have to have a nosey when I go back downstairs

6. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the auto setting relies on sensing black areas at edges of picture. If the actual image contains these then the set will switch since it's fooled into thinking it's seeing a signal other than aspect ratio it's set to. My old Pana 28inch TX28 tv was also prone to this and it could get annoying! My Viera seems to do it a lot less, but I still see it occasionally.Depends entirely on the picture content.