1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH37PE30 Price Point

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by swellmel, Mar 9, 2005.

1. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seen this at RS for £1599 any better price and how do we rate it

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    great plasma good price! (37" PW7 with tuner/media box and speakers is similar price at AV-sales) Veira has digital tuner etc on top of this....(Hitachi going back???) have a search loads of happy people paid over £2k for this not too long ago...one disadvantage for bedroom is will stand further off the wall than the PW7 panel.....

3. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Great buy. Annoying. lol

Paid nearly £3000 a few months back, also got the stand, dbd recorder and extended warranty too with it though... for that price, get it man, get it :) It's brilliant.

Stu

4. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I got mine back in June 2004 for £2200 from Richer Sounds, I'm well happy at that price.

Like the others have said great integrated telly and a good price. My only reservation is that the PA50's will be out soon, next month or so and the PV500's a few months after that. If you want the latest maybe best to wait, if you want a plasma telly at a knock down price then go for it! :thumbsup:

S.

5. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good price if it fits in the car.

definitely, definitely, you MUST check out the Sony KE-P37M1 as well as though - no digital tuner, but its a corker of a picture.

and i owe everyone i recommended the Philips 37PF9946 to a HUGE apology! it is pants, and nothing like its 42" with the same model number - i commited the cardinal sin of extrapolating between screen sizes, and relying on a casual demo. a thorough demo however showed up the terrible flaws though - the posterisation pops up every 10 minutes or so when something crosses large distances across the scene, and is appalling. I was wrong, but hey at least I admit my mistakes?

I guarantee the Sony is superb, that I HAVE already throughly demo'ed. nothing to lose by checking it out, and its price is similar to the Viera. Can't go wrong with either of them, though.

6. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks again can always count on you for good advice,hitachi is going back said i can have refund or exchange think i will go with original choice,
    panasonic pw7 37ins

7. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks it is for the bedroom,what is depth of unit as i would like to wall mount but dont want it to stick out to far and will a universal bracket fit

8. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD will a universal wall bracket be suitable for this model

9. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as i trust your opinion how good is the veira 37in

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    they are good, can be a bugger to set up and not ideally suited to wall mounting IMO especially if you enter the room perpendicular to screen (ie you see the profile when you walk in) but they have good features and connections as long as you dont want to use a PC permantly connected......

As for a universal bracket, it needs to be VESA and to use scarts etc need long spacers, unicol brackets come with the long spacers IIRC some universals (RS100 for example) needs different depth bars.... so depends on your bracket

11. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need your help again is piero millano still selling dve disc only reason i ask is
    that i have emailed him with regards to this but with no answer as i have already paid via paypal into his account,just thought as you long outstanding member you may know him

12. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  13. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    We have the Viera, Superb, really chuffed with it. its been wall mounted last week and it sticks out alot more than youd expect but thats panasonics design.... went into a panasonic dealer in town and picked up abracket for the Viera for £150 :) cant grumble with that... you can see how far it sticks out from the wall in these pics

http://www.rtoc.org/library/file.asp?id=19410

http://www.rtoc.org/library/file.asp?id=19411

for the price youve seen them for sale its a BARGAIN, I paid £2000 at christmas for mine :)

14. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to let you know recieved dve disc today,also went to rs and got the pw7 37 ins looks good

15. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Excellent how have you hooked it all up?