1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH37PA20B picture position

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by LCD Man, Dec 17, 2003.

1. LCD Man

LCD Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I ditched the LCD in favour of this cracking plasma. I have one small problem, I need to shift the horizontal image slightly to the left. It's a series 6 screen with built in tuner etc so the thing hasnt got any of the normal size/position controls in the user menu. I can get into the service emnu as you would with any Pansonic TV, but i cant see any referencees to horizontal or vertical postion. It only needs to be moved a fraction, but it bugs me!

Help??

Ta.

2. hedgepig

hedgepig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't resolve your question but can I ask for your view on the quality of digital TV from the kit (Sky box??). I have since good reviews but wondered if the picture was as good as the 42 PW6 monitor + Tuner box?? Pete

3. LCD Man

LCD Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have tried both s-video & RGB, RGB is a nice smooth picture with good enough detail (on a good bandwidth channel), however it is a bit soft for my eyes. S-Vid on the other hand gives a much sharper image & still contains as much detail. You get widescreen switching on both, but it only auto-detects an input on RGB (AV1). I am using a Sky+ box. The prog scan picture from my Sony DVD is utterly stunning BTW.

It's a much neater solution than having boxes all over the place & cheaper too.

Cheers

4. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Nothing against the 37" PA20 (I almost bought one), but choosing a 42" PW6 instead doesn't neccessarily mean more boxes - or more cost.

In my case, I have the same number of "boxes" with the PW6 as I would have with the PA20. I already had a surround sound system; and use a Freeview tuner for TV. Both of these connect directly to the PW6. And this 42" screen is available for just about the same price (between 2500 and 3000) as the 37" PA20.
    And it is physically about the same size (as no speakers).

Now if you didn't already have sound system/speakers (and are happy with the built in ones on the PA20) then the calculations are different.

Mark

5. LCD Man

LCD Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have the full setup, all I meant was it's a neater approach. I dont think it's any better or worse for it! The 42inch is just too big for my house!

Cheers