Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic TH37PA20B - Good Choice???

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by chunkymunky, Jun 6, 2004.

1. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New to all of this so please forgive my ignorance. With a budget of <£2200 I've plumped for the Panny TH37PA20B over the 32" Hitachi and the 37" Phillips equivalents. The PA20B looks to have been superseded by the PE30 with it's integratred free-view tuner (but with Sky+ on the way what's the point?). I was also considering the Philips PF9986 / Samsung 32AW23 LCD screens but in the end went for size. Have I made the correct choice or should I have stumped up the extra £500 for the PE30. Some reassurance please!!! :lease:

2. 888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the 37PA20 for 2 months. Very statisfied. May be hard to get hold of one in stock as shops are replacing it with the PE30. However, did see stock available at Selfridges in Birmingham last Monday.

3. kace

kace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BIG thumbs up for the PA37 and 42, both great sets. Thouroughly recommended, you will not be dissapointed.

:thumbsup:

4. boingboing

boingboing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    chunkeymonkey - I had my TH37PA20B delivered on Friday and must say that I am ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED with it. I had a 32" LG Widescreen before and have to say that it has added another dimension to watching TV, DVD and playing Xbox.

I got mine from AJ Electronics on the net and can highly recommend them. Only £1995.00 and FREE delivery + Got the Pedestal stand for £140.00 as they price matched superfi.co.uk.

I was a little scepticle about spending so much money on a TV (I know it's probably not a lot to what some people pay) but I am very glad that I did.

My living room is 12' x 12' and the 37" fits just right, I think the 42" would have been too big though.

Pete :thumbsup: :smashin:

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You made the right choice :) £500 extra just couldnt be justified in my view on the new model :)

ad

6. boingboing

boingboing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I dont think that there is actually that much difference from the old model to the new PE30 apart from looks and connectivity. But thanks for your comment, I'm glad I made the right choice.

Pete ;)