1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH37 PW7BX synch problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by thepoisondwarf, Oct 25, 2004.

1. thepoisondwarf

thepoisondwarf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need some help with a frustrating problem.

I have just taken delivery of a TH 37PW7BX plasma display screen.

This is being used with an SAXR45 AV control receiver and DVD S75 DVD/CD player. A Bose 5.1 surround speaker system is used.

TV signals come from a TU-CT30 digital converter box.

The converter box and DVD player feed picture signals directly into the disply screen by individual SCART leads to two SCART sockets as reccomended by my dealer.

Sound output from the receiver is fed into the receiver using twin phono plugs, the optical output is used from the DVD/CD player.

The problem which I am experiencing is sound synchronisation on the display, which was never a problem on the CRT which it now replaces. On some digital tv sources it runs out to the point where watching speech is totally disconcerting, but seems worse on some channels than others.

At first I thought that this was a reception problem, but notice that the same problem plagues my DVDs from time to time - some scenes being worse than others, which spoils the whole experience.

No mention is made of any potential problems in either the product catalogue or in the instruction book - please can you advise me what to do in order to sort this problem out?

2. giantteabag

giantteabag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like a lip sync problem. Search this phrase in the forums...there is plenty of info.
    The way I solved it was to buy an av amp with lip sync delay.
    What this means is I can delay the audio by 0-160ms to ensure sound arrives same time as vision.
    Currently my setting is at 107ms, thats just over a whole second delay!
    It's caused by the slow rendering of the pic. Which explains why what you encounter is the oposite to the fundamental of light traveling faster than sound!
    Good luck.
    PS. Check out www.felston.com for another solution.

3. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    no it's just over 0.1 seconds
    there are 1000 milliseconds in a second (not 100)

4. giantteabag

giantteabag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I stand corrected!! :oops: