Panasonic TH-PWD8BK - A step by step illustrated installation

How come you decided to have the plasma installed so high? I've noticed people do this often.. like put it above a fireplace etc.

Would it not be easier to watch if it's at head height when seated so you can look straight at it?

Either way, that Yamaha thing looks fantastic. I want one pls.

Haha!! I wouldn`t know where to start but it looks good though, i am really impressed with it and the guys were very professional throughout!

Gobbler said:
How come you decided to have the plasma installed so high? I've noticed people do this often.. like put it above a fireplace etc.

Would it not be easier to watch if it's at head height when seated so you can look straight at it?

Either way, that Yamaha thing looks fantastic. I want one pls.

If you look closely at the pictures there is an outline of a fireplace surround just below the plasma wallmount.

just a quick note to all the experts ! The mains cable is not in the trunking with the signal cable it takes a different route to the mains socket and terminated behind the screen by a 5 amp switched fused spur. The vacuum altho it is plugged in to the socket for those of you who dont know is a dewalt which runs on batteries as well as mains and at no time was there any danger of electric shock. Regarding the height when sat on the sofa the screen is at a comfortable height with no strain on the neck. Everbody is entitled to there opinion but up to now i have had no complaints on the quality of my workmanship.

Tom Hodkin
Northern Digital Solutions

plasmad00d said:
I also hope it was installed by a competent person who has a minimum of Part P qualification. I also hope the installer did all associated electric tests on the *addition* and left you with a completed Minor Works certificate.
THis only applies to to the mains work and not the AV cabling.

Many people have plasma installed too high just because they choose where it goes while standing up (its a brave installer who decides to mount it elsewhere, other than where the client specified it!) But its loks a very nice clean install and all credit to Tom Hodkin and his team.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom