Panasonic TH-50PV60 - 1:1 pixel mapping anyone?

M

mattij

Hi,

Could some lucky owner of 50PV60 confirm that it is possible to get 1:1 pixel mapping (1366x768) from their set. Which connection do you use, vga or hdmi?

Thanks,
Matti

Hey,

Please help me with this. Im receiving the unit next week and it would be great to know what kind of pc should I get, in other words should the pc have dvi connection or could I get 1366/1368x768 resolution through VGA.

So owners of the set (or any previous TH-50 models), please comment the best pc connection.

Thanx.

mattij,

PC's should be connected via VGA, especially when trying to achieve 1:1.

If you are thinking of connecting the PC to the HDMI input, the input probably only supports 720p and 1080i, neither of which are 1368x768. You should be able to confirm this in the manual.

Unfortunately according to the manual 50PV60 vga does not offer 1:1 mapping, only 4:3 resolutions. One of the reasons for getting 50PV60 instead of 42 incher was the 16:9 resolution and now it seems that it is totally useless feature if there is no way of getting proper 16:9 resolution out of it using a pc.

Searching through the messages, it seemed that someone had achieved at least near 1:1 mapping with this unit. It would be great if some owner of this unit told me the best way to attach a pc to the 50PV60.

Cancel the order and do some proper research before re-ordering? :lesson:

Thanx big adam for bumping this thread... I have done a lot of research - thats the reason I'm asking this.

As I said, I would like to have views from people who own the set and have hands-on experience setting it up with pc.

Thanx big adam for bumping this thread... I have done a lot of research - thats the reason I'm asking this.

As I said, I would like to have views from people who own the set and have hands-on experience setting it up with pc.

In order to do 1:1 pixel mapping see what native resolution does your TV Plasma panel have. Then see in specs of TV if PC connection has this resolution. Then connect your PC through VGA connection and set this resolution on your PC. Make sure your PCs videocard support this native resolution and refresh rate.

I did successfuly 1:1 pixel papping on my Panasonic TH-42PV60. Its native resolution was 1024x768 and this resolution was also supported by TVs PC connection. So there was no problem with that. You can take a look at my post.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357418

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom