1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic TH-50PV500 Vs. fujitsu 42"

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by saurabhbatra, Sep 9, 2005.

1. saurabhbatra

saurabhbatra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey i am back with more questions.. it seems my head would explode... really cant make upp my mind.. as u guys advised i tried fujitsu 50" and it was better than 50PV500 but it is too expensive and i am not willing to shell out that much... so it has got to be panasonic 50PV500 or a 42" Fujitsu, the fujitsu models available are:
    Model Resolution Contrast Brightness
    P42VTA40: 42" Plasma 852 x 480 4000 : 1 1000 cd/m2
    P42HTA40: 42" Plasma 1024 x 1024 1000 : 1 1100 cd/m2
    P42HTS40: 42" Plasma 1024 x 1024 1000 : 1 1100 cd/m2

which one should i get panny or fujitsu...???
    please remember i am mostly concerned about quality of picture on old fashioned tv.. though digital tv is a consideration.. but hdtv here in india is at least 3 years away so it is not that imp...

saurabh

2. paolo999

paolo999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In your shoes I'd get a standard definition panasonic. Someone else will dive in here I'm sure with model numbers and more info.

3. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    i would go for either 50pv500 or 42pv500 if i was you, but thats just my opinion. Even i have my doubt what to go for from time to time, but taking everything into consideration i always come back to the idea of getting the 42pv500.

4. madshi

madshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    The 50" Fujitsu is better than the 50" Panasonic. The 42" HD Fujitsu is worse than the 42" HD Panasonic. So I'd say go Panasonic (regardless of which model you decide on), if the 50" Fujitsu is too expensive for you.

5. saurabhbatra

saurabhbatra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its between 50" panny and 42" fujitsu(they are both about $7000)... i am only considering these 2 options as i am assuming 50" panasonic is better than 42" panasonic....

6. Enquirer

Enquirer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe that there are New fujitsus models are called GS and are a variant of the 40 series. I believe they are allowed to be talked about after the 5th of september so you should be able to find out more

“Res are available as follows:-
    42" @ 852 x 480 and 1024 x 1024 (high def screen and media box version)
    50" @1366 x 768
    55" not sure yet but might well be as above for the 50"
    63" @1366 x 768

All @ 1.07Billion colours...... Fujitsu don't really bother quoting contrast as it is completely down to how it is tested and everyone cheats massively....

Plasma glass is made by very few people and they all use the same res currently which as you know isn't exact match for 720 or 1080 material, the future however may be different......As may the technology!

Scaling material is of course where the good seperate the also ran's, for built in processing the Fujitsu does work harder than most.
    it is too early to say if any differences exist between the straight 40 series panel and the 40 series panel with media box (GS designation), so many things can influence the outcome

The new AVMII chipset is a cut above most other examples out there currently, especially the 50" set and even more so the 55" set (which is my favourite!). This chipset is a whole heap further up the video ladder than those that have gone before. Might even be the reason why the screen is a bit more expensive than some other brands”

The info is from a reliable source

7. saurabhbatra

saurabhbatra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i agree 50" fujitsu is better because thet are using panasonic glass... have they started using panasonic glass for 42" hha model... ???