1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-50PHD7 Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cucuz, Oct 23, 2004.

1. cucuz

cucuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Has anyone seen one of these in action , if so what are your thoughts ? Also where was it ?
    Thanks in advance . :)

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    It would certainly be on my shopping list IF it was better than the series 6 panel.
    AV Sales have it listed but are using the specs for the series 6.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Starburst, that's because on paper they are not really any different. The differences are mostly the input cards you can use, there are some quite exciting ones for the 7 series, I can't wait to get my hands on them.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I would have had no problem buying the series 6 panel earlier this year when my RPTV died BUT for the first time I decided to wait and see the soon to be expected replacments. I'm quite amazed I've gone so long without a decent sized telly but now the panel is on the horizon I hope it'll be worth it.
    I'm sure it will be though and if it isn't there is a Pioneer I might take a longer look at:)

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The 6 series is great, the 7 series still will be, and those funky new cards! Think I'll be going for a 42PHD, there's no point in a 50" for me, mine hides behind a 7ft projection screen when not in use.

6. kirakira

kirakira

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MAW the specs for the 7 series on most UK sites are flat out wrong. It's not just input cards, they upped the number of shades displayable on standard analogue video connection from 1024-1536 to 1536-2048. They changed the phosphers to make the screen to have the same burn-in resistance as CRTs and upgraded some video processing features.

It's new glass, and new electronics, can't say PW6=PW7 cuz they are not by a long shot. :)

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Er' I have the .PDF's. As for changing the phosphors, that's what the hype says. But don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the 6 series resistance to screenburn. They are already bomb proof.

8. kirakira

kirakira

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So does this mean the 7gen stuff is nuke proof? :p

What about the added colours and improved I/P conversion + all those (could be useless) processing effects? :)

9. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You'll have to get out a magnifying glass to see the difference I think, but why is that a problem. The 6 is lovely, we are splitting hairs to find fault with it. I'm sure that cumulatively the treaks they do each year do improve things, just that each new model is now such a small amount 'better' than the last, because there simply are no quantum leaps left to be made, except in manufacturing process. That might make them affordable to a majority, rather than the top 2% of earners.