Panasonic TH-50PHD30B - worth £5k?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by WebLoader, Nov 20, 2002.

1. WebLoader

WebLoader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As we know sound and vision are doing this price. However it is an 'old' model. Has anyone compared it to the latest generation pioneer / panasonic models?

i am not too bothered about its internal scaling, as i would be driving it with a PC via VGA for DVD playback, and again using the PC to feed it Sky+ through Dscaler.

thanks

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is superb and a damn good price. There are many comments and comparisons on these forums if you do a search. I never thought I would own a plasma for at least another year but this offer was too good to miss. I cannot fault this plasma and I'm the world's biggest fault finder! Good luck!

3. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ditto that,

I have just ordered one. You can wait forever to buy at the right time, but thre'll always be a newer, better model. How else does a company keep going apart from constantly bringing out new models. The price will also drop eventually just like DVD players, projectors, PCs etc. If you get one you can start enjoying it today (and show off to yer mates:D )

check this out for a second opinion.

http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/plasmatvreviews/nec-pan-50.html

4. WebLoader

WebLoader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi redrose - is yours the silver or black model? what connections came with it?
    thanks

5. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Webloader

It's the silver one. I haven't taken delivery yet, but it has component/RGB, SVGA, Composite/SVideo. I'll be using RGB>component conversion for Sky and willl use my Yam 630 to switch 2 component inputs (the other one is from the DVD player). This makes it easy for the family to use in "everyday mode" since we only have to command the amp to switch, not both the amp AND the plasma. If they use video, playstation, PC etc. they'll just shout for the technician (me).

6. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +552
    I viewed this exact 50" model at Sound And Vision whilst demoing my 42" (demoed both 4th 42"/50" and 5th 42" at the same time!).
    If i had the space (and cash!), i would have bought one!
    Buy with confidence, as the picture was on par with the 4th series 42".
    The picture was both bright and very clear.
    In fact there was no difference between the 4th series 42" and this 50" in contrast and colours.
    Where the 50" strode away was sheer WOW! factor.
    The 50" looked much larger than the 42" given that there was "infact" only 8" between them.
    To be fair there was a little banding in certain scenes, but it was hard to tell if this was the source DVD or the Panny.
    It may have also have been more noticeable due to the size of the thing!....me thinks a LARGE room is needed.:D

I'm the first to moan if i'm not happy, but these Pannys are spot on.