Panasonic TH-50PH10

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by AndyWillett, Jul 18, 2015.

1. AndyWillett

AndyWillett
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I was hoping if anyone could give me any advice on setting up a skybox to a Panasonic TH-50PH10 Plasma Monitor, It doesn't have SCART or HDMI connections, I have tried a VGA to HDMI adapter from Maplin which didn't work. Would anyone be able to give any advice? Feel free to ask any questions, - Many thanks in advance and will appreciate any input!

Andy

2. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    Hi,

HDMI is an encrypted signal - so not as easy as a simple conversation, have you had a look at a the HDFury options, which allow you to connect to the vga port from a hdmi source, other than that you can buy a Panasonic HDMI blade for your display, which will be compatible with SkyHD.

3. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,614
    I presume you meant an HDMI to VGA adaptor as a SkyHD box does not have a VGA output and as you've already stated your Tv does not have an HDMI input.
    Your Tv possibly has Composite video and audio inputs (3 RCA Phono sockets coloured Yellow, Red & White) so if it does simply connect these inputs to the same coloured outputs on the Sky box and you will get a picture & sound...it won't be HD and it won't be great but it will work.

4. AndyWillett

AndyWillett
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure how to check the HDFury options however I went through all the settings I could see and didn't anything too specific regarding HDMI. I appreciate the response but would you be kind enough to direct me to where I could buy a blade? Would this be of use? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-42-TH-42PH10UK-TNPA4242-HDMI-Input-Board-Unit-/361237713288

Yes sorry if that wasn't clear, I fed a vga cable from the TV to a little adapter box from maplin which then fed a hdmi cable to the Skybox however this didn't work.

I have attached a photo of the connectors that I have that may be phono but I am not too sure? Aslong as I can get a picture I would be happy with that

I appreciate all replies and advice, thank you for your time

Attached Files:

5. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    Hi Andy,

No that link you gave is just a pcb from a blade, it's missing the mounting plate.

Here is the correct HDMI terminal board (Blade) for your display, however they're almost non existing today...

http://panasonic.net/prodisplays/download/pdf/specsheet/TY_FB10HMD.pdf

Your only other option is you need to look at the HDfury 2, which is a hdmi - vga device you plug into your display's vga port and it has hdmi in on the other side (more details on the hdfury website), amazon UK link below...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HDFury2-Special-Edition-HDMI-Converter/dp/B001Q7TSH2

6. AndyWillett

AndyWillett
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Hitman

Many thanks for the reply! I have found a hdmi blade which is compatable, only thing is I can't find any info on installing it, do you have any idea? I assumed it was just a simple case of removing the plate and then just putting the blade in

Many thanks

7. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    Hi,

yes the cover plate will have 4 screws, usually a new blade will come supplied with it's own if not use them!

It only goes in one way, so if possible remove the plate and check for the receiving terminal strip that the blade contacts will slot into, push it in firmly and then use the screws to secure it.

8. RayP

RayP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    Andy,

I may be too late but I have a JS Technology RGB (Scart) to YUV video converter available.
    http://www.js-technology.com/store/product.php?id_product=14

Together with Scart - component cables and Scart-VGA this provides the highest quality analogue signal to a plasma display. I still have my Panny PH9 display I bought back in 2006.

The price of an extra HDMI blade was prohibitive a few years ago.