• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TH-46PZ81B Dead Speaker

Syztemlord

Standard Member
Hi,

The right hand side speaker on my TV has blown and produces a raspy sound now. Not quite sure what blew it as it was never turned up that loud. Anyway, just wondering if anyone knew if it was easy to replace or if there is a cheap alternative option.

I do have a set of 2.1 speakers plugged in via the audio out socket but the problem is, the volume for them is not controlled with the TV's main volume and as the 2.1 speakers do not have a remote I have to get up everytime I want to change the volume (yeah, I know, what a chore!!).

Any ideas?

discover

Prominent Member
have you tried adjusting the EQ settings and tried all the different sound modes?
not sure if you could get a replacement for the internal speaker and fitting it is another story.
why not invest in an budget all in one system?

Syztemlord

Standard Member
At low sound you can't really notice it, you can't really hear the TV either! ;) I've played around with the settings as much as posible but you it's still there.

I might have to purchase a cheap system but was just checking first if I could replace the speaker.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom