Panasonic TH-42PZ85B sky hd problems

darrenx

Standard Member
I currently have a 42 inch plasma tv and I am having problems with it working with my sky hd box. My plasma model is TH-42PZ85B. When i watch using sky via hdmi (does no matter which socket or cable) at random intervals the sound goes of and the screen goes black. To get the picture back on I either have to turn the plasma off or change av channel and then change it back. It will happen again at random intervals. How do I fix this problem?

billtk11

Standard Member
Id put my money on it being the sky box`s hdmi port being faulty. but try a new hdmi lead first if you still have the problem call sky:thumbsup:

darrenx

Standard Member
Hi and thanks for the reply have tried other cables and ports on tv so prob u right it is out of warranty as well so that will cost £65 or so anyone no away round the price or how I can get free new one?

chris02

Same tv as you but not had that prob. Do you have the same issue when watching tv from your aerial?

Tommy.II

Standard Member
Hi and thanks for the reply have tried other cables and ports on tv so prob u right it is out of warranty as well so that will cost £65 or so anyone no away round the price or how I can get free new one?

Call sky report the problem, when they say £65 for a call out say you can't afford it credit crunch and that and say you'll have to cancel. I did this and got a free call out.

You will not get a free new box though you will get a free refurbished thomson. If you want a brand new box you can pick a em up on ebay for under £100.

kenedin

If you've got anything else HDMI connected to the tv, try disconnecting and run with the one Sky>tv lead only.

HD sceptic

sounds similar to an intermittent problem I have, I lose sound, but keep the picture. The only way to cure it is to change the channel input.

Sky have changed the box twice to try and cure the problem, all I can think of is poor HDMI compatability as the sound stays present on the optical output when it disappears from HDMI.

darrenx

Standard Member
Hi I do not have any problems with anything else that connects to the tv via HDMI as for the ariel I am not sure as I use sky all the time. It always happens at times when you are watching something good, like 24 last night every 10 to 20 min the thing nearly went through the wall at one point. Any way today gave sky a call and the told me to rebuild the box so it did he said it was a comon fault and the software or something was curupt, time will tell my box though is a bit old got it when it first came out cost me £300. Mine is very similar to your mr sceptic but time will tell.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom