• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TH-42pz85b. Advice please.

Welsh Thunderca

Firstly I have just watched the Watford game and whenever a long ball was kicked the ball as if by magic almost split into two separate pieces. How do I stop this. IFC/overscan.
And secondly other than crimping cable crimps and fixing it to the Tv is there something on the market to stop my two almost three children from pulling the tv off my Alphason 1100 TV Stand.:lease:

D

duraman

Hi, just purchased a TH-42pz85b. If you read the manual it says it recomends 'IFC' for hd input only, ie SD input without IFC. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

keifster

Isn't IFC supposed to make this kind of thing smoother and not the opposite??

My (basic) understanding of IFC is that it creates additional "images" to display between screen refreshes by guessing where objects may have moved to. The problems occur when displaying objects that do not move in a uniform trajectory eg a spinning ball as it can't correctly predict the amount of spin. I''m probably wrong, but it makes sense in my mind :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom