Panasonic TH-42PZ70 or TH-42PZ700?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by nithr, Jan 24, 2008.

1. nithr

nithr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which one to get?

PZ700 is about €300 more expensive.

Are these TVs good, by the way?

It needs to do 360 via VGA, PS3 via HDMI, PC via DVI>HDMI, not total crap at SD and no other weird bugs or crappy picture issues.

2. Cream

Cream

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm no expert but from what I have gathered about these T.V.s the biggest difference is the 700 has better speakers and an extra HDMi port.
    The 70 is on my sort list of T.V.s to buy once I move house, which hopefully will be soon. Although I was hoping some thing great was coming out soon that's really good at 1080p/24. Then I can justify buying a PS3 to go along side my 360 HD-DVD player :)

here is a review of each of these T.V.s
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2007/07/30/Panasonic-Viera-TH-42PZ700B-42in-Plasma-TV/p1

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2007/10/23/Panasonic-Viera-TH-42PZ70-42in-plasma-TV/p1

3. best-deal

best-deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The PZ70 is very good value, but there is more than just extra HDMI and better speakers for the PZ700 for one the 700 has superior speakers that do SRSsurroundsound and an SD card slot for HD playback, has HDMI ver 1.3 and a front mounted HDMI for quick change of camcorder. But check the specs just to be sure. Also the there is picture in picture for the 700 and dedicated PC input. The differences have been debated here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688604 in more detail

The price for the PZ70 has come down a lot but the PZ700 has not so in the price end the PZ70 is top.

4. Cream

Cream

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the HDMi on the 70 not 1.3? I thought it was :confused:

5. The_1_And_Only

The_1_And_Only

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  6. nithr

nithr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PZ70 ordered! My first HDTV. :smashin:

What should I do to avoid burn-in? I've heard that you should avoid anything static for the first 100 hours. Does that include everything like gaming HUDs, channel logos and even letterbox?

7. Ivor_Biggern

Ivor_Biggern

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    You just need to be sensible for the first 200 hrs, i know you have said 100 hrs which is what Panasonic say but 200 hrs seems to be the recommendation from most people.

Keep your contrast, brightness and sharpness to about 30-35% while your running it in, logos on channels are fine as long as you are not having one on for a long extended period. Ive watched live football games on sky during the run in period and all i do is to switch channels at half time so the logo isn`t constantly on then switch back after a min or so.

Don`t be scared to view channels with logos on as enjoying your tv is what its all about, just be sensible with the settings and have them on low which still gives a great quality picture, i also turned my sky box contrast down to low.

8. google

google

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,623
  9. nithr

nithr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which audio input do I use for 360 VGA? The one to the right or the one to the left (under component)?

[​IMG]