• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TH-42PX700 prices

pjskel

Prominent Member
I'll kick off with this one that I found the other day, and spoke with over the phone today.
Panel only, but the price of stand/cab are par for the course too.

R

RichardJW

I thought the PX700 was out in May? The ad says it's been out for over a month.

pjskel

Prominent Member
Actually, it says nearly a month - small amount of stock trickling through.
As they have a shop, and one on display, then a visit may be in order if you live in the Bournemouth area.

CHFels

Established Member
I'll kick off with this one that I found the other day, and spoke with over the phone today.
Panel only, but the price of stand/cab are par for the course too.

Link shows 1149 pounds, w/o pedestal. I wonder how close to RRP this is? Either way, notice everyone how the price gap between 70 &700 has shrunk, compared to the gap between 60 &600! :thumbsup: In Spain the price gap on Panasonic's webstore is only €200:eek: Food for thought, for those of you who haven't already take delivery of your PX70!

CHFels

paulderry

Standard Member
The only place I can find them in stock at the moment is Panasonic shop online - see http://shop.panasonic.co.uk/invt/th42px700ped. £1496.99 for pedestal stand and £1795.99 for cabinet mind - not exactly competitive prices, but if you make the tellys and are the only stockist ...

Anyone have any idea when a magazine review will be out? The G10 panel is amazing, way better than the G9 panel of the PX60 and PX600 tellys. The PX70s (also having the G10 panel) are good, but not so good for standard definition content. Am hopeful that the PX700 will have the same (or better) signal processing kit as the PX600s (which are good at SD content) - can anyone share any relevant information?

jetinder

Established Member
I have a PX600 with purple snakes :( :(, if panasonic cant fix those snakes i'll want a new a tv. if they offer me a replacement it will have to be PX700 which a newer version of the PX600.

On this website I heard some PX70s still suffer from purple snakes, i hope the PX700 doesnt suffer from this.

interbear

Prominent Member
I have a PX600 with purple snakes :( :(, if panasonic cant fix those snakes i'll want a new a tv. if they offer me a replacement it will have to be PX700 which a newer version of the PX600.

On this website I heard some PX70s still suffer from purple snakes, i hope the PX700 doesnt suffer from this.

Actually I don't think the PX70 has a problem anything like the one that the PX60/600 suffered. I have a 42PX70, it's purple snake free, and I'm delighted with it. I can only assume that the PX700 will be exactly the same, picture quality wise, but with a few feature additions including better speakers.

From everything I've read so far, I don't think anyone considering buying a PX70/700 should be concerned about the purple snake issue.

booyaka

tempted to wait for the PX700 however even a £200/£250 price gap between 70 & 700 is still a bit much for me to take to add on to the price.

Generally slightly better speakers, picture in picture and i think a another HDMI connection isn't really worth it.

Probably purchase the PX70 next week once the wife gets to "view" it in currys or JL or somewhere!!

need the "seal of approval":rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom