Panasonic TH-42PX70 versus TH-42PZ700?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by cporton, Sep 18, 2007.

1. cporton

cporton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at buying a Panasonic 42" plasma having compared them to the other screens on the market (I did the whole LCD versus Plasma thing and much preferred the quality of the plasma and Panasonic seems to be the pick of the plasmas too).

Anyway, I've got Sky HD but, of course, the majority of my viewing is on the SD channels, so I'm wondering if I would actually get much benefit from the extra £400-£500 from buying the full 1080p TH-42PZ700 as opposed to the TH-42PX70 which doesn't have the full resolution.

Does anyone have experience of these screens while using Sky? The trouble with going into shops and having a look is that they often only feed them with an HD signal and so you don't really see how they're going to look in the "real world" of SD broadcasts.....

Any views and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

2. Andy_Jack

Andy_Jack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Why the 500 quid more expensive pz700? Why not the 200 quid more expensive pz70b? But if you are mainly going to watch SD, you might as well go for the lower res px70.:)

3. cporton

cporton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's a fair point - I think that's probably the way I'll end up going, but always like to consider the more expensive options :)

Chris