Panasonic TH-42PX70 Buzzzzzzzzz

robderby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

I've got a Panasonic Viera Plasma and ive noticed recently that its started to buzz.

Its 5 years old now, and the buzz is being transmitted down the HDMI cable, into my Onkyo 608 Amp and out of my speakers.

If I disconnect the HDMI cable at the back of the TV then the Buzz stops. Any suggestions from experienced AV'ers out there?

I know that Plasma's Buzz a little anyway(especially on white), but this sound being passed down the HDMI cable is new.

Thanks guys. :lease:

You haven't stated if you've tried a replacement HDMI lead or a different HDMI input?

sorry yes - I have tried both HDMI Ports on the back of the TV and also a different Cable.

The one I am using is QED High Quality HDMI.

Wonder if its worth the repair cost or if anyone has any experience of repairing\solving this.

I know that the Plasma's buzz (high contrast\White scenes) but this is new.

Have you tried bypassing the amp by feeding whatever (Sky box, Cable box etc) direct to the Tv?

Im 100% sure that its not the AMP itself.

The TV is making a buzz (i think this is a well known issue - especially with Plasma TV's) and so I am considering taking the back off and checking all components\screws are tight.

Before I do that, I might take EVERYTHING apart except the TV, AMP and speakers and double check.

Anyone got any experience of doing this?

Okay, a little update as I have resolved the issue, but not sure it makes ANY sense.

In my lounge I have a twin socket Electrical point.

Socket 1 -goes to a TACIMA CS929 6-Way Mains Conditioner with Added Surge Protection
This gives power to my TV, Blu Ray, SkyHD, AMP, Apple TV (1 spare).

Socket 2 - goes to my Sub Woofer.

I noticed last night that if I unplug my Sub wooder, the interferance coming out of my AMP Speakers Stops completely. So i moved it to a different power point in the room - NO change, changed the power cable - NO Change. So then i moved the power connector to the last spare slot on my Tacima CS929 and BOOM, the interferance stopped.

The other part of the issue, which was when I first noticed the hissing, was that if I disconnected the HDMI input on the back of my TV. This also stopped the Interference, I changed the HDMI cable and tried both HDMI inputs on my TV with no Change.

Are the two related, and creating some kind of Circuit?

So at the moment, all is connected as before, but the Sub is now powered through the Tacima CS929 and I have NO Interference.

Cheers

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom