1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-42pwd7uy Plasma Question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by john9335, May 29, 2005.

1. john9335

john9335

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just picked up the Panasonic TH-42pwd7uy Plasma screen, this was the panel that comes without the tuner, speakers, or stand. I seem to have run into a problem when trying to figure out what I need to plug my coaxial cable, for cable tv, into it. The plasma doesn't have NTSC connector on it but I hear this casues a crappy image quality anyway. Do I need to run the coaxial through a dvd player or a switcher? If so How would I do this, and what kind would I need? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    John,

I have a suspicion that you are in the USA? avsforum may be more helpful, this one is UK based. The UK version of the Panasonic tuner box isn't clever and this may be what you are referring to about NTSC connections.

3. john9335

john9335

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i am in the USA, fortunately i came up with an alternative. I upgraded my cable service to digital cable which provides a box which supports the use of component cable and s-video connectors which the panasonic plasma supports. This should also provide a much better image quality. Unfortunately I don't think there is an easier way around this problem than to purchase a tuner, which has an analog coaxial connector, for one of the slots ... upgrading to digital cable is a much better alternative.