1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-42PWD7BK up & running !!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by *ChrisB*, May 4, 2005.

1. *ChrisB*

*ChrisB*

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    A big thankyou to all those that have given me advice over the last couple of weeks :thumbsup: (talk about a learning curve :eek: ) and another thankyou to those nice people at AV sales from which everything arrived as promised :smashin:

The wall mount couldn't have been easier to fit, just needed some massive raw plugs & screws to reach through the plasterboard cavity & into the wall. I plugged in the component board, hooked up the new Pioneer 575a thru my Yamaha DSP-AX750SE, fired everything up, flicked thru the dvd settings to select progressive scan, popped in 'Nemo' and stood back in awe !!!!

Absolutely superb :clap: :clap: :clap:

My Sky/TiVo runs happily through the JS RGB>Comp converter also feeding the amp and to top it all off my VCR, PS2, Xbox & miniDV can be fed into the amp via the front S-video input as required :)

So what I'm saying is thanks alot ladies & gentleman I couldn't have done it without you :blush:

Cheers :beer: :beer: :beer:

2. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Turn off progressive scan on the 575a. I have the same set up (PWD6 though) and the TV handles the prog scan MUCH better than the DVD player.

3. *ChrisB*

*ChrisB*

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Ok, so I assume I leave the Dvd player set to interlaced ?

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    yep, but try both anyway see what you think

5. dazek

dazek
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi chris - mind passing on some of your learning curve!! what is a component board - when would you need one??

cheers

darius

6. *ChrisB*

*ChrisB*

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I can't really see any difference tbh, but I'll try some different films at the weekend :)

Have a good search here on the forum as there are alot of very knowledgable people that have answered that question in much more detail many times, but from what I've learnt ..... alot of plasmas are more like a pc monitor straight out of the box (with a VGA connection) but they have slots that allow different boards to be plugged in to accept a range of sources via component, Scart, S-video etc have a look here for examples, however there are companies like JS Technology that make clever little boxes that convert for example a RGB scart signal to VGA.

Obviously when your feeding a signal to a large screen you want the best possible quality & a component connection is one of the best. Have a look here for a much better explanation.

Chris

7. dazek

dazek
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks chris - understand now!! i have found that there is a huge amount of info on this forum and there is a lot to trawl thru!