1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Panasonic) TH-42PWD6 vs. TH42PW6BS

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by zedzed, Jul 15, 2004.

1. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi folks,

If you've seen my other posts you'll know I'm in the market for a plasma.

I was considering 37" plasmas - but since the physical size of "consumer" plasmas (with speakers) are roughly the same as 42" "non-consumer" plasmas (without speakers) - I'd go for a 42" non consumer version. (I've got a Sony DAVS550, so speakers are not required).

Which leads me to my question - what is the difference between the (panasonic) 42PWD6 and the (newer?) 42PW6BS? Are they just the same screens but with different connection options? The former seems to be under the "at work" section on the panasonic site, and the later on the "at home" section (which is strange, as it looks like it's just the screen with no tuner etc.).

Also - if anyone has either of these screens I'd be interested in what you think of them.

Thanks in advance.

ZedZed

2. Apnomis

Apnomis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    The PW6BS is the home version, it is a basic screen with basic inputs, you can customise it to your needs with connection terminal boards to fill the 3 empty ports available, speakers are also available separately. The PW6BS is also silver.

The PWD6 is the commercial version of the same screen and is only available in black/charcoal. I'm not sure of the differences, although I'm told commercial screens follow different standards and so can have higher emisions (equivilant of 1000 mobile phones in some cases apparently)

The PWD6 is normally cheaper.

I have gone for the PW6 because, I wanted it in silver and I didn't like the idea of having a commercial plasma. Plus I've found an offer that means it works out cheaper than the PWD6!

As for actual specification differences I haven't a clue...

3. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You found an cheap price on the PW6?

Can I ask where? :smashin:

ZedZed

4. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Go to the special offers forum. AVSales are doing a good price on the Panny for Forum members. If the display you choose doesn't come in siver, they will also get it professionaly painted any colour you like for about £80, without affecting warrantee.