1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-42PWD6 Setup

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by hitman126, Mar 26, 2005.

1. hitman126

hitman126

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

Any assistance on this would be most appreciated and my apologies if I am only raising here an issue that's probably been addressed before.

I purchased my Panny TH-42PWD6BX from Richer Sounds a couple of days ago and am still in the process of setting it up with the right components. In addition to the plasma, I purchased a Panny scart board from RS for a whopping £149.95 (how a device as small as that can cost that much, simply astounds me). I have a DVD Recorder, DVD Player, Telewest Digital Cable Box and a VCR to hook up to the TH-42PWD6BX, question is, what will be the best setup in order to obtain the best picture quality?

At the moment, I have managed to connect three of the above devices via a Hitachi scart adaptor, but I am not particularly impressed by the picture quality. Judging by what I have seen elsewhere on the TH-42PWD6BX, picture quality should be a great deal better. Any suggestions fellas??

Thanks

Reggie.

PS: By the way, I am considering swapping the Hitachi Scart Adaptor for a Vivanco AV Control Switch available from Dixons, if that helps.

2. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
  3. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Also remember you can use the PC computer VGA type input as another RGB input, so in effect you have two inputs if you can get hold of a scart RGB to VGA RGB type connector.