Panasonic TH-42PW6B dead pixels

hogwash

Standard Member
Reaction score
what is the score with panasonic over dead pixels please guys? I have just bought one of these are I have a dead pixel about 15 cm in from the left and 8cm from the top, the surrounding pixels are dull so it actually looks like a 2mm square dead patch on the screen , very very very annoying

I'd get in contact with the supplier, if it was sold to a corporation to show power point presentations I doubt they would care, but I wouldn't put up with it.

May i ask where you bought this from ??
Panasonic policy is up to five dead pixels is 'within spec'. apparently!!
Also, is it stuck on a colour or dead ??

Thanks

from av-sales, i have no problem with them, they have been nothing short of superb. i am just not happy having spent 2,500 on a tv i am faced with a permanently purple/dark blue pixel arouna third of the way across and 1/4 of the way down the screen. i know it is within tolerance of panasonic but frankly it is not within mine, no matter how hard i try , so far i can't help but see it

what to do?

If talking nicely to them doesn't work then you can always threaten a return under the Distance Selling Regulations (if they apply to you).

update:

av-sales were superb, panasonic agreed a swap out and now i have a 100" pixl perfect panel... very happy indeed.
good service and excellent after sales support all round. can't recommend them enough.....

hogwash
panasonic agreed a swap out and now i have a 100" pixl perfect panel
WOW!!:eek: I didn't know that Panny made screens that big!:D :D :laugh:

tired teddy, inches... percentages ,, pah!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom