Panasonic TH-42PW6B Best price

BiggieBig

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Any body know the best price of the Panasonic TH-42PW6B (Silver).

Seen the black one at £2337 but the cheapest I can find the silver one is £2749.45 (with scart board) from techtronics.

Bit of a rip off just for a colour change.

Digitaldirectuk.com
Black - £2159.95 or silver £2294 inc. scart board !!
Delivery is extra at £69.99.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that super price.

No mention of scart boards though.

don't suppose anybody knows which connections are include by default on this model ?

By default I think the PW6 comes with scart as standard and the PWD6 comes without any terminals.

I think digital directs PWD6 doesn't come with any terminal board as they don't mention it in the blurb.

Places like nexnix and av-sales normally bundle the scart or TM6Y (composite/component) board with the PWD6. If you need a wallmount etc then the nexnix and av-sales bundles work out about the same as buying the screen elsewhere and then adding the extras.

JJ

depsi....give them a call....they definately bundle thescart board with the PW6.

Many thanks for all your help.

I gave them a call this morning and they confirmed that the PW6 comes with a scart board.

Not sure that I need the scart will probably connect by freeview via VGA using the JS converter as I believe it's much better quality.

Will also need to get the component board for an additional £130.

Excellent price in all.

Just need to decide now if it's panny or hitachi.

Shame they can't swap you the scart terminal for a component terminal...

JJ

DSP-APS -
Was after an RCA component board. Which I think Buyyourav.com do for arround 110 inc del.

TAZ - Must remember to look for stickies before rushing into my thread.

V5-APS

have you used digitaldirect whats their service like?
gonna order the panny from there.

I have used them.....unfortunately my particular PW6 had a problem from new, but sorted out quickly thru' there customer service dept.
A pain to get to on the phone though....just used the sales line and asked to be transferred instead!!
You could also look at soundandvisiononline.com.....same prices as DD, but easier to get on the 'phone.

cheers mate,

which one is better isn't digital direct bigger. Now i'm really confused !!!.

well I guess digitaldirect changed your screen quickly which is a good sign....

oh do you know if the scart provided is capable of S-vid\composite
av sales claims it does :-

http://www.av-sales.com/plasma/html/pan_6th_gen_boards.html

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom