1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-42PW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Drogo, May 23, 2004.

1. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys, need some advice please .. have just received my new Panasonic TH-42PW6 from Discount Electrical, excllent service as always .. basically I need advice on PC link up - as I've connected the screen to my HTPC, the graphics card is a Geforce 4 Ti4200 (64Mb) - basically I can see Windows XP Pro booting up - when it goes to desktop - no picture - only mouse cursor ... what screen res - should I be running this at ????

Also, what advice can you give for protecting the screen - against burn-in, how many hours - until the screen is bedded in ..

Thanks in advance ..

Drogo

PS. Enjoy the sunshine ...

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Have you tried on a normal monitor to ensure it's working there? If so, change the monitor settings to a generic monitor at say 1024x768 and try again. It might be that the PC is picking up some wrong settings via DDC (I think that's what it's called).

Burn in - a plasma screen is just like any other phosphor based display. Static images will imprint on the screen if left for excessive lengths of time. How much and at what point you should stop showing a static image is something nobody can (or is willing to) say. General rule of thumb is not to show static images and to view a variety of sources.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.