1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-42PW6 screen jumping

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nickquest, Jan 20, 2004.

1. nickquest

nickquest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with my Panasonic TH-42PW6. When playing an RGB signal thru SCART into the tuner box, it causes the picture to jump slightly. It does it with Sky or DVD. Playing a DVD thru component signal (3 RCA) is fine, but my Sky+ box doesnt have component out, only SCART. When you have the Sky+ box set on PAL, the picture doesnt jump but the quality isnt as good. Could there be a fault with the tuner box, or is it something simple?

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Sounds like the panny is expecting RGB with sync on green and you are feeding it RGBS ( commonly found from a scart device) . No sync getting to the panny.

You might be able to feed it sync to a composite input on the panny . Don't know for sure though.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You have the TU600 tuner? Unfortunately, it's a member of the not terribly good club. It could be a tuner fault, but it might well be 'standard' if it happens not to like your sky box. I believe the manual actually recommends PAL over RGB from stb's! You'd be better off without it.