1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-42PHD8 connectivity question?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Degas, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Degas

Degas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, after reading for the last month or so I have decided against going for a Pioneer 436XDE or a Panny 42PV500, and decided to plump for the Panasonic TH-42PHD8, a great choice if I do say so myself. This leads me to a number of questions tho so please be patient.

I currently have the following:-

Sky+
    Pioneer DV-575A DVD player
    Technics Amp
    JVC Plasma

Now I will be using new Denon 1906 amp and screen clearly, but I want to be able to connect the Sky box and DVD player obviously, I will also require the panel to be able to take an Xbox, a Gamecube and an Xbox 360 (I may wish to add a PC type input at some point too). I clearly will not be using the consoles at the same time so some unpluging of cables is fine. I will also be getting Sky Hi-Def and will want to connect the Xbox 360 via Hi-Def.

I have seen the following item in a thread about this subject:-

http://www.js-technology.com/produc...&products_id=36

Would I require the above?

Basically I want the best possible PQ I can get without spending silly money on a scaler (not that I'm sure what one does..... ) and having 1,000 cables.

So any help with extra boards or whatever I will need would be really helpful, preferabbly from AV Sales cause I wanna order this stuff tommorow for delivery on Friday.

Cheers chaps.

2. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I have sky+ going to js rgb to component converter, then to amp.
    dvd575 via component to amp.
    Then from the amp to phd8 vga port with a component to vga lead.
    The phd8's vga port can be configured to accept component in the setup menu.