1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-42PHD7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by WorkingHard, Jan 7, 2005.

1. WorkingHard

WorkingHard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been wanting a Plasma panel for some time now but have been put off simply by the fact that I want to connect quite alot to it. The below Plasma looks to be a decent specification for what I'd be using it for

Panasonic TH-42PHD7 Plasma Screen (2579.12 delivered AV-Sales)

Heres what I want to connect to it:-

PC using DVI-D or D-Sub direct from my graphics card.
    XBOX PAL RGB Scart
    XBOX NTSC RGB Scart
    PS2 PAL RGB Scart
    PS2 NTSC RGB Scart
    DVD Player RGB Scart
    GameCube NTSC SVHS & AV Sockets
    And I want to beable to just watch the usual broadcasts BBC1 BBC2 etc on it.

the above setup was easy with my 32" Sony CRT TV but I have no clue as to whether it would be possible on the above plasma Panel and if so could some kind soul point me in the right direction as to what components I would need to purchase to allow me to connect everything listed.

Thanks.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    suggest you use component for XBOX and PS2 as that will give better PQ (especially NTSC XBOX) use a device like this http://www.av-sales.com/html/avt-5842.html to connect them all together then into screen DVD again should use component connection if available (on player) and for TV use a FV box (if you cant get FV where you live there are other options)
    And what are you going to use for sound? do you have an AV amp?

3. WorkingHard

WorkingHard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK so....

Panasonic TH-42PHD7 Plasma Screen (2579.12 delivered AV-Sales)
    Will connect to my PC out of the box
    AVT-5842 Component Video Switcher (to connect my consoles up)

So i need what an AV amp and speakers now? any suggestions for a decent reasonably priced bit of kit please anyone?

Also that comment about recieving the terrestrial broadcasts such as BBC1 2 ITV was over my head in simple terms what would I need to watch regular television on it also please?

Sorry if any of these questions are stupid but I'm a novice like most on here :suicide:

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    either a freeview box or a DVDrecorder can be used for "yuning" TV channels (sky box or cable also As for amp and speakers there is budget and style to consider but looking at £500+ for both can go as far as you want £5k....... try athe amp and speaker forums for advice on those items.....Denon,pionner ,Yamaha all make good entry AV amps, then you have Onkyo/Arcam/HK for more exotic stuff