Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic TH-42PDW6UY question

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Nippy_Kangaroo, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Nippy_Kangaroo

Nippy_Kangaroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a 42" plasma TV to replace my standard and rather bulky 32" widescreen and have been looking on the net for a good plasma TV for under £3000

I've seen loads of good positive reviews for the Panasonic TH-42PDW6UY TV but i cant seem to find anywhere in the uk which sells it (i think it's because its a US model?)

can anyone tell me if i can buy the same model in uk under a different name or a plasma tv that is just as good for the same price? (would like built in speaker if possible though.)

thanx :)

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    In the uk it is called the TH-42PWD6BX.

Check out the banner for AV-Sales (or look in the special offers forum http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126652) otherwise check out www.av-sales.co.uk, www.nexnix.co.uk or www.tmfsolutions.co.uk

You can get one now for about £2100 inc wall mount and 1 video input board. Av-Sales would be my recommended choice :smashin:

Great screen btw, but then I am a biased owner :)

JJ

3. Nippy_Kangaroo

Nippy_Kangaroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    great stuff :thumbsup:

will i need any of those video boards ive been hearing about?
    I'll be watching dvd's, normal tv progs and would like to play chipped xbox in progressive scan mode

also... will i need to by a seperate tv tuner as Ive got sky digital?

thx for the help mate :smashin:

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    No, you don't need the tuner...it also degrades the picture anyhow...

Have a chat with AV-Sales about the best connections, but options are:

DVD => component out into component input or RGB scart output into scart input

Sky => RGB scart output into scart input or RGB scart output into VGA port using JS Tech RGB2VGA converter

Xbox => component output into component input

As you will have two component sources, you will either needs to switch them via your AV amp or get a YUV switch.

JJ

P.S. Search the forum as "how to connect X with a PW6 or PWD6..." is quite a common question now ;)