1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-42PD50UP

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by w0mbat, Mar 31, 2005.

1. w0mbat

w0mbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New to the forums and wanted to say hello.

I've pre-ordered a TH-42PD50UP that is supposed to arrive early May. The waiting is KILLING me!!!! I'd been looking at the TH-42PWD7UY for a couple of months but I just got such a great deal on the consumer model (using some reward points - getting the TV for free basically :clap: ) that I couldnt resist.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had more info on this model other than the regular marketing spiel by Panny? I've been doing extensive research on the web the last few days with very little luck (except for a few mentions in Panasonic press releases). I know all the basic details: its a 7th gen panel (for Panny), basically the consumer model of the TH-42PWD7UY. But the brightness is rated lower than the industrial model :confused:
    I'd like to know if anyone has seen the model in any stores in the Atlanta area?

Also, any suggestions on mounting the panel? I have a loft with a nice brick wall and I think the unit would look awesome on it. Only thing is I think I should probably get a professional mounting. Any suggestions?

TIA

2. electricery

electricery
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well Lg arrived today :clap: Rev 5.14.And I have just connected a couple of cheap scart leads from AV,s to my Ntl box and dvd and I'm chuffed :thumbsup: no doubt I will start to see flaws in the picture and will have to change the settings and the connections, but any body who is awaiting delivery of one should not be disappointed. A big THANKS to you guys out their for your input in this thred of wich helped me to get a great plasma at a good price, now all I need is the time to enjoy it.

3. w0mbat

w0mbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump

Eh? :confused:

4. electricery

electricery
    Standard Member

Products Owned: