1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-42PA20 - Need little Help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Pak!Terr0r, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Pak!Terr0r

Pak!Terr0r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HeLLo Everyone,

I just got my Plasma TV yesterday, it is currently mounted on the wall above the fireplace ( fake one ). I am having a little problem, When i connect my DVD Player ( Sony NC665P ) to one of the 3 Video Input ( RCA ) in the back of the TV i don't get any video at all. I use the 2 of the component channels and they work fine, ofcourse i don't have any sound cause i haven't got my AV Reciever yet. On those 3 video channels in the back of the TV i am using RGB cables and i was told by the sales person that i can use that cable instead of regular RCA Cable ( Yellow, Red & White ) as long as i have same color connection on both end. I have been going through the setup of the TV to see if there is something in there, but so far i haven't found anything yet. In the front of the TV it has another Video Input, when i use that it works completely fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks !n Advance ...

PeAcE

Also, i am gonna be ordering Marantz SR7400 AV Reciever in next couple of days, i am still reading about speakers, please let me know what speakers you guys are using with your Marantz SR 7400 receiver. Thanks for all your time and help.

2. Pak!Terr0r

Pak!Terr0r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found out what the problem is,
    Basically, if u have a s-video cable connected to the back of the tv on line1/2 ( even though the other end is not connected to anything at all ) it overwrites composite/rca so leave the s-video cable out. I found this problem out cause s-video worked fine while compostie/rca was connected on the back of the TV, so i took the s-video out and it worked.
    Thanks Anyways ....

Also, i bought the Marantz SR7400 Receiver today and currently have my DVD player and my Cable Box connected to it, and i am using UP-CONVERSION feature to convert my DVD and CABLE via Master OUT to the COMPONENT INPUT 1 on my TV, and using regular RCA for audio through my TV until i get my Speakers ...
    Any suggestion(s) on what speakers to use with my setup ?

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Infinity Oreus or Kef 5005 if you get KEF in USA. A Gallo A'Diva and Micros, M& K???