Panasonic TH-37PX7B motion judder

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by sudders, Jan 12, 2008.

1. sudders

sudders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Just today I took delivery of a Panny TH-37PX7B. The picture is a big imrpovement over my previous tv but I still noticed significant motion judder when I was watching cricket today (I'm a West Indies fan). The judder seems to be worst when the picture is panning across. Interestingly enough when I switched to rugby momentarily it looked fine but there was significant motion judder again when I watched Top Gear. The tv couldn't keep up with Clarkson in the Veyron.:)

Has anybody else experienced the same? Maybe I'm missing something in the way I've set it up (or not). All I've really done is put it in normal mode. I'm watching everything through a Sky HD box via hdmi. Anybody have recommendations for overcoming this issue? Any help is appreciated.

I got this tv because my previous tv (too ashamed to list the model) had gone from bad to awful and needed replacing. The biggest issue for me was how it handled motion so in my research it came down to three models: Samsung R37R87, Toshiba 37WTL68 and the Panny 37PX70PED. Just when I thought I had made a the decision to get the Panny, I couldn't find any anywhere for less than 700 quid. Lo and behold I found the PX7B at SVP for £585 so decided to grab it.

I know it's not the same as the PX70 but couldn't find reviews of it anywhere nor could find much said about it in the forums (other than the grayscale differences mentioned). So I figured that being a plasma (and a Panasonic one at that) it should handle motion pretty well and still have better blacks and colours than the Toshiba. Maybe my expectations were too high?

2. b4tman

b4tman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a TH 42 and this same problem emerged a couple of days ago. Phoned my Pan dealer and he told me the problem could have been caused by a Sky HD update, which tends to reset the picture settings to 1080i. The picture setting needs to be set to 720p on your Sky HD box. Tried and hey presto problem disappeared! Good luck. Paul