• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TH-37PX600 - Green line appearing

jimgardner

Standard Member
I've had a Panasonic TH-37PX600 for just over a year and been really pleased with it. Until now! Yesterday I started to get a permanent green line appearing vertically down the screen about a third of the way in. This line appears in any mode ie when watching or playing back material via DVD or hard disk (I have a Panasonic DVd recorded with a 250GB hard disk). Has anyone experienced this and does it mean I need a new screen? I've contacted Panasonic but not heard yet. As I didn't purchase an extended warranty it is out of guarantee (14 months old) but surely you'd expect a TV to last longer than this!

Netboy45

Standard Member
Jim, I had a similar "coloured line" problem with my TH42PX70 in November...mine was only 7 months old when it developed the fault. The Panasonic service agent said it was "an address line fault" and was a problem with one of the driver chips mounted on the edge of the panel. If your problem is the same as mine it required the entire panel to be replaced...the part was approx £370.

That was the first time is 25 years of buying Panasonic equipment I have ever had a fault...I would pursue them on this one...these things should last a LOT longer than 14 months.

Rgds Phil

C

CarlosTJ

I too have a Panasonic TH-42PX600 Plasma, purchased in December 2006 and 14 months later..............a green line appears straight down the picture about 60% in from LHS. A good job I took up the Panasonic 5 year extended warranty, but the hassle I had to eventually get through to someone who could deal with it beggeres belief. It was purchased from Martin Dawes and I had to make several different phone calls.............an "engineer" is coming out to look at the issue now on Thursday 14th Feb. Stay tuned, as I'm going to post a full report of all this when its solved as I'm cheesed off with the aggro to say the least. It should be ONE call and job done.

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
My TH-37PX600 seems to have developed something similar - I've attached a picture which shows the problem I have - its exactly half way along the screen. My TVs about 14 months old but luckily has 3 yrs warranty.

Its being collected for repair on Saturday with a loan set being left (probably a 14" portable knowing my luck!) Gutted, 'cause my Sky HD is due over the next few days as well!

Attachments

• 2008-02-11_18-51-24_11022008060.jpg
    2008-02-11_18-51-24_11022008060.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 601
C

Cybercat2008

Oh my, I am not alone. I purchased a 50" panasonic in aug 07 and a green line appeared that stayed no matter what we are doing. Less than a month later and another one has appeared. I am still waiting for an engineer and of course it is under warranty but it seems this is not a unique problem.

My tv is TH-50PX70B purchased from laskys.com I have emailed them for help and will update with results. I never write on forums but this one helped me so I thought it best to add my problem to the mix so others know they are not alone.

I guess I will need an extended warranty by the sounds of it, as this problem appears to be all too common

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom