Panasonic TH-37PWD4BX

Sarge

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't go for the 42" version due to space. Has anyone got any comments on the 37", is it as good as its bigger brother?

thanks Matt

Sarge

No worries when contemplating the 37" model - some even prefer those 0.96mm pixels over the 1.08mm pixels on the 42" panel.

Not quite as bright but not much in it.

You don't have the option to swap out/in the DVI terminal board for the RCA terminal board (Nor can you use the BNC terminal board in this unit).

Not much in it price wise I'm afraid - more 42" units sold equals better buy price on the 42" model.

Best regards

Joe

Thanks Joe

would this be a good choice or are better 37" models available?

Sarge

Not seen a better image on any of the competitors; some of the new Plasma TV systems coming onto the market have more TV features but the picture quality is not a match for the Panasonic.

Also you do pay quite a price premium for the additional TV features an external Media Box affords you over the fairly basic features on the Plasma Displays.

Regards

Joe

Its all so confusing....still got to decide whether to stump the cash for plasma or opt for a crt.

Plasma confused between
Panasonic th-37pwd4bx - discussed above
or go for a "complete plug and play" solution like the
Philips 32PF9964 or sony kz32ts1

are they all pretty similar? If I can nail this down then I might be able to decide on whether to go plasma or not.

too much choice nowdays :)

Originally posted by Sarge
Its all so confusing....still got to decide whether to stump the cash for plasma or opt for a crt.

Plasma confused between
Panasonic th-37pwd4bx - discussed above
or go for a "complete plug and play" solution like the
Philips 32PF9964 or sony kz32ts1

A 36" CRT is big! And I mean in depth - almost as deep as it is wide and will really take up so much space in your room. Work out how much you paid for you house per square foot and see how much extra the CRT is going to cost you!

From my (limited) experience, it's best to avoid the all in one solutions. I've seen 42" Philips screens and they're not a patch on the Panasonic screen.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom