1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-37PW4B & Hi-fi, Wiring suggestions please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kamaran, Jul 20, 2002.

Tags:
  1. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I hope to buying a Plasma TV in the near future. Im currently looking at the Panasonic TH-37PW4B which doesn't have a TV tuner or speakers as standard. I'm also after a good hi-fi including A/V amp and speakers.

The dilemna comes here:

I'm assuming all the sound will run through the Hi-fi / Amp at this stage so the sound side of things shouldnt be a problem. In terms of picture The TV has component input from what I can see, but no Scart. How do I connect up my Sky / Playstation/ Xbox/ DVD etc ? Do I use a scart block changer with one output to the tv in component ?

Or do some amps have the multi-input with single output facility built in ?

I obviously want the best picture/sound quality possible so your suggestions will be much appreciated.

Any suggestions for a sound system - I'm after seperates but preferably all one brand and colour / design. My budget here inc speakers is £1000 so I'm thinking TEAC or DENON. Names of any reccomended retailers for plasma TV / Hi-fi will also be appreciated.

Please dont get too techy here as this is my first real hi-fi ....

Thanks guys

2. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Ok so I have done some reading and know I will need a A/V Amp with component output.

Can anyone reccomend a high quality unit which comes as part of a hi-fi with good surround speakers for under £1000 total ?

Thanks ....

3. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +394
    My wiring routes the picture straight to the panny plasma and the sound via my arcam amp ...

the dvd player is connected straight to the component inputs on the plasma

my PS2 is connected via rgb scart to the vcr pass thru scart socket on my sky+ box, which then has the tv scart connected by rgb scart cable to a John Sims RGB>VGA converter box ... this then plugs into the VGA input on the plasma ...

I also have an s-video connection from my amp to the plasma for the on screen setups, connecting dvcam, etc ...

hope this helps

Jon

4. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You can get the RGB to Plasma VGA unit from

http://www.rgbtosvideo.com

Follow jont's advice, it's spot on. Also, consider the 42" screen if you can. There's not much difference in price - email me and I'll give you some pointers.

As for DVD players, if you're getting a new one, try and get component video output. Best to get a hold of an A/V magazine for the amp, and have a look at your local suppliers. You'll be able to get a demo, but you'll find if you go for seperates you'll get much better results than an all-in-one unit - and it's well worth considering.

Dr John Sim.
    J.S. Technology.

5. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Can anyone reccomend a home cinema solution?

The best i've seen is the Denon AV-F100. I cant find any low level details about the inputs and outputs on the back of the amp though.