1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-37PV500 - cheapest high street price?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lasitha, May 20, 2005.

1. lasitha

lasitha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What's the cheapest high street price for the TH-37PV500?. Trying to see how cheap I can get it from John Lewis (via price match).

Just called JL (Oxford Street). Their price is £2195 (inc table-top stand), but no stock!.

2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,525
    I am not sure but I think only Panasonic shops have the stock at the moment.

Did you want the 37", the 42" isn't much extra to buy.

If you want an extra 5% off (£109.75) then apply for a Morgan Stanley Gold card and you get 5% off at JL.

I am also going to buy a PV500 (42") with wall mount and I am hoping to get it for approx £2400 with the 5 yr from JL, but will have to wait until a few places get some stock in. I will be using my Gold card for the extra 5% off :thumbsup:

3. lasitha

lasitha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My living room is too small for a 42" (viewing distance is about 10'). I am still trying to decide between a 32" (LCD) or this 37" model.

Can you get the 5% discount on top of any price match?. How long does it take to get a new Morgan Stanley Gold card?. I don't see anything about a JL discount on the MS web site. Is this a JL deal?. Can you get the discount with other MS cards (Platinum card gives up to 2% cash back).

BTW, if you pay using a Nationwide credit card, you get an extra year's warranty plus 0.25% (I think) cash back.

4. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,525
    I already have the Gold card that I haven't used for a couple of years, but got a letter this morn and it has the discount details on the back. I don't know if it applies on top of the price match, I would hope so. I am looking to buy my plasma from them and will ring them and check.
    You should be able to get a card in a few days I would think.

http://www.savvydeals.co.uk/internal.php?view_feature=true&feat=offe&feature_id=41&clicked=true

5. lasitha

lasitha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The MS deal is only for web purchases. How do you get them to do a price match on the web?.

6. marnstars

marnstars
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1