1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic th-37pa50 has a loud buzz?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Llanowar, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Llanowar

Llanowar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got this new panasonic plasma for 3 days now, and i really love the picture quality: even normal cable material looks great on this television and watching the champions league last night was like sitting there myself (it's like a window indeed)....but (here it comes :D ) there is a loud buzz coming from the back.

Now i've read about other plasma's having this as well, but before getting another i wanted to hear from other forum members who got the new plasma if they can hear this buzzing coming from the back (just put your ear above it, it's loud in my opinion). I can hear it from 10 feet away during more quiet scenes in a movie...do i have a defect screen or do all these new pana's have this?? If so i'll have to get a totally different screen cause it irritates the hell out of me :mad:

2. rodny

rodny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought a 42pa50e from germany with a buzz exactly as you describe. as it was for the bedroom and would be played at low volume i was concerned. I checked with another forum member peezee who also has one and he says his is virtually silent. i sent mine back for replacement

3. Llanowar

Llanowar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks rodny, i've checked a bit in the dutch forums, one guy had a loud buzz as well, but it totally dissapeared after a few days of using it, so i'll keep it till next week, if it's still there i'll return it. I watch movies pretty quietly on my own at night (without wanting to wake the miss's) and then such a hum will drive me crazy...I'll let you know how things go!

4. Swizzer

Swizzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i got the same buzz on my panasonic 37PA50E, it's imported from germany too.Anyone know if this buzz can be fixed somehowe or did i get a bad plasma?