1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-37PA50 Composite Input Problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gnikolaidis, Jul 18, 2005.

1. gnikolaidis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    My new TH-37PA50E just arrived, and I immediately connected to it a brand new Pioneer 585 DVD player through composite input. In the default output (interlaced) of the DVD player the screen on the Pany presents a problem: it displays a zig-saw pattern at the middle of the screen, slightly elavating the right half of the viewable DVD image with respect to the left half. It also displays the 1'' black stripe on the top and bottom of the screen. The zig-saw pattern looks like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------- (1'' stripe)

DVD picture

---------------------------------------------------------------- (1'' stripe)

When I change the DVD player composite output to progressive, the DVD image changes and covers all of the screen, so there is not a zig-saw pattern anymore and the top and bottom 1'' black stripe. The only problem is that the image is distorted and faces look elongated.

Has anyone else observed this problem or know a quick solution to it?