1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic th-37pa20 + Pioneer dv 737

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by happychappy, Dec 10, 2003.

1. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have connected my dv737 to the panny plasma via component (Ixos) leads but have noticed that whilst playing the dvd I cannot change the aspect ratio is this normal (its my first plasma)
    Thanks + happy chrimbo:confused:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Perfectly normal, make sure the DVD is set to 16:9, the player will look after the aspect. You should still be able to zoom the picture to fill the screen with a 4:3 recording.

3. hedgepig

hedgepig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you let me have your comments on the Panny picture quality for non DVD source e.g. Sky Arte you pleased with the purchase - what did you pay for the kit??

4. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Very pleased with the product as a whole, picture quality is not quite as good through the in-built tuner or DVB feed (sorry I do not have sky and please bear in mind that I am comparing this to a progressive scan input) although it was one of the best broadcast pictures that I saw whilst searching to buy, the only other plasma that I saw which I considered to be as good was the new pioneer PDP434HDE but my wife had set her eyes on this model and as we have had quite a few Panasonic products without any probs(I do hope that I dont live to regret this!) we went for It and paid £2850 of our plastic pounds to John Lewis in Bluewater Kent who price matched it with P.R.C. of Essex (and got a five year warranty into the bargain!) it was in stock and delivered in 3 days no probs whatsoever would trade again as they say on E-Bay
    Hope this helps make up your mind;)

nearly forgot the only bugbear is that the remote operates like it is half asleep i.e. very sloooooooow but its still better than getting up to change channels (I dont know if this is normal with plasmas?)

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The remote biz. is common to all integrated plasmas, they are a dogs dinner when it comes to remotes. But digital TV isn't fast on channel changing either, so not a big issue.

6. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for info

seems kind of odd though that we have to take a backwards step in controlling these beasts with all the new technology around:confused:
    Ah well at least it gives me enough time to put the kettle on whilst I wait for a channel change....as you see there is always something good from something bad!:laugh: