1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Television

Discussion in 'TVs' started by FoxyMulder, Nov 29, 2002.

Tags:
  1. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didnt realise all panasonic televisions have problems playin back region 1 software using the RGB till i read these forum pages, i bought a 28inch widescreen model no TXPl1XC1 it got rave reviews in what video magazine, just a pity they failed to mention the RGB problem with region 1 discs which is terrible the picture has too much shimmering and other effects popping up i tried the service menu but can't solve the problem and i'm wondering would a macrovision disabled DVD player playin region 1 discs solve this problem ? helpppppppppppp anyone please

2. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine dont :p :p
    PH40.

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is your DVD player plugged directly into your TV? Or does it go via your digibox or VCR?

4. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I've just tried 2 NTSC discs on mY 28PL1 and they both seem fine. the only thing RGB has a problem with is brilliant whites, and thats on any feed.

5. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem only crops up on region 1 discs its fine with region 2 an example is numerous scenes which have white backgrounds and when scenes changeover, ive tried several different dvd players and use a toshiba 2109, and top quality scart lead directly linked to the tv and set for RGB, i believe the fault was actually mentioned in these pages and affects all panasonic TVs , what i can't understand is i got into the service menu but i can't alter the DVC0 it allows 008 or 045 or 005 and thats it, why can't i adjust more as it did seem slightly better set to 045, yet it won't allow me to set lower or higher, anyways the picture is very good other than the shimmering smearing lines effect on region 1 discs viewed via a direct RGB route, any advice anyone as the comet engineers are completely useless and didnt even know about the panasonics service menu and i can't live with the problem and mostly buy region 1 software, i noted the lines disappeared when a disc was removed which made me wonder if its macrovision causing the problem with this particular brand of tv

6. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only common problem re NTSC with Panasonics that I know of is the dam moire problem which is a finger print like patten down the sides of the screen and is well known about with most of the big flat screens in Panasonics range suffering from it. The only currently known fix is to have the tube slightly de-focused. I don't call that a fix and certainly don't want my tube de-focused.

I like you bought my panny on the strength of a review but I did also audition it but only with PAL so didn't know about the moire problem and the dam mags didn't mention it. I don't trust any mag reviews anymore.

7. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Not much help, but that's one hell of a sentence y'got there. :eek: