Panasonic Telephone PBX Help

wrbrb

Novice Member
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I'm trying to get some help with a Panasonic 616 PBX (KX-T61610) I just bought. I plug it in and turn it on, the power light doesn't illuminate, and when I connect a Panasonic KX-T7030 phone to any of the 16 internal ext jacks, I don't get a dial tone on the handset but I am able to hear the tones of the keypad if I press the number pad buttons. I tried disconnecting the battery and pressing the reset button, also tried moving the system switch between program and set, but no change. The only RJ-11 cord I have to test this with has black/red/green/yellow on one end, and yellow/green/red/black on the other (I believe this is a standard "reverse" cable rather than "straight through"). Any ideas to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.

outoftheknow

This one?

2-14 has the details if the two lines need to be reversed. As that is only the Ring and Tip connections for standard phones (as far as I can see), that doesn't mean two inners going to the two outers (I think). Edit - ah I see your reversed cable is the two centre pins. It looks like you need to work through page 2-14 but will need a straight through cable or two to start with.

Anyway that should help you get the thing going :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom