• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TC-P54V10 service menu

mm4684

Standard Member
I've been told there's a hidden service menu on the Panasonic TC-P54V10. Can someone tell me how to access it? All I want to do is see how many hours my set has been running, I'm still breaking it in.

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
I've been told there's a hidden service menu on the Panasonic TC-P54V10. Can someone tell me how to access it? All I want to do is see how many hours my set has been running, I'm still breaking it in.

1. On the TV itself, hold down the “Vol -” button (on the right hand side of TV)
2. While holding the volume button down, press “0” on the TV remote three times. Wait. The service menu will load.
3. Now press the “number 2 button on the remote. This will pull up a window with the word “SRV-TOOL”.
4. Press the “OK” button on the remote. A light blue grid will appear.
5. On the Grid, move the cursor down (using the remote down arrows) to the row labeled “PTCT”
6. Move cursor to the right. It should be an empty box on the grid.
7. Hold MUTE for 3 seconds. The amount of time the display has been on will be next to the word “TIME” this is in hours and minutes.

To get out of the service menu, either hold Exit on the remote for 3 seconds or switch off the TV using the on/off on the TV itself.

Baz

Last edited:

music

:confused:

I thought the 54V10 was only available in the States and only the 58 and 65 inch models available in the UK. :confused:

If I'm wrong please let me know quick before i get a 50".

Thanks

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
:confused:

I thought the 54V10 was only available in the States and only the 58 and 65 inch models available in the UK. :confused:

If I'm wrong please let me know quick before i get a 50".

Thanks

No not available for the UK, 50" then next is the 58" in the UK :)

mm4684

Standard Member
1. On the TV itself, hold down the “Vol -” button (on the right hand side of TV)
2. While holding the volume button down, press “0” on the TV remote three times. Wait. The service menu will load.
3. Now press the “2″ button on the remote. This will pull up a window with the word “SRV-TOOL”.
4. Press the “OK” button on the remote. A light blue grid will appear.
5. On the Grid, move the cursor down (using the remote down arrows) to the row labeled “PTCT”
6. Move cursor to the right. It should be an empty box on the grid.
7. Hold MUTE for 3 seconds. The amount of time the display has been on will be next to the word “TIME” this is in hours and minutes.

To get out of the service menu, either hold Exit on the remote for 3 seconds or switch off the TV using the on/off on the TV itself.

Baz

these instructions don't seem to be working. Are you trying this on the U.S. version of the V10?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom