1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic synergy

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kerraig, Jan 28, 2003.

1. kerraig

kerraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, i've gotta buy a new DVD player due to my player having no RGB out. I've got a panasonic 36" PB50 and am thinking about buying a Panasonic DVD player for ease of compatability.

Are there any known advantages to buying the same brand?

If not can anyone recommend a good £300 multi region RGB DVD player?

Dunno what i'd do without this here forum.

2. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    why not buy a dvd recorder? I was about to upgrade my dvd player, for something around the 300 mark and just decided to buy a recorder instead. two birds with one stone. I went for the panny e30 for £399 (a bit more but worth every penny-best thing ive bought for ages-great picture and sound), but the philips dvdr880 is only 300, can be made multi region and rce compatible-thanks to a recent handset hack-for nothing. Also the picture quality and sound of the philips are probably marginally better than the panny. and will certainly match most mid range plain dvd players!

so even if you don't have a need for a recorder at the moment the function is there for the future, and in the mean time you have a great dvd player.